 Space / 8199
Re: Question for large-scale builders...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:02:19 GMT

This is great, very good description for meeting the challange.

How do you deal with model flexing?

Anyone have suggestions?

James

My suggestion is use a lot of plates - the Destroyer has a high plate to brick
ratio, also, step your underside, which provides the foundation for the rest of
the bricks.  The underside of the Destroyer is multiple plate layers and even
integrated at different levels into brick walls (which forces plates into the
picture when certain walls join).

The Destroyer is a 99% studs-up design.......

I'd love to build a ship with a Technic beam interior structure, though. :-)

-Tim