 Space / 8126
  huge japanese page of small mecha

I found this absolutly gigantic page of brilliant mecha designs while atttmpting to navigate through some japanese lego pages. Just thought you might like to take a look, if you haven't seen it before, but beware, if you have anything below a T-1 (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) Extremely brilliant - even transformable - designs.. And on a cable modemit still took me close to 2 minutes to get those images all cached.. oi. It was well worth the wait, however. Thanks for sharing! Joel J (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) If you don't find me in the next few days, it's because I've ditched my day job and flown over to Japan to shake the hand of this genius. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and....Jeremy, I'm sending you round trip air fair, so you can tell him "I" said thanx too!! I gotta be honest, at first I was: "like - ehh" but then I said this is good stuff, yiesh!! it's great!! almost (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

WOW! Damn! Those mini-mecha are AMAZING!!! I wonder how long it took this guy to create all those DIFFERENT mecha, and all those COOL weapons and accessories for them?!?! (...) you (...) (URL) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) (shape/colorscheme/posability) and then when I saw that some of them transform... WOW. I'd love to see these mecha in full detail minifig scale... that would rock my worldview! cheers! Joel K (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) With the recent surfacing of Eric Sophie and now this guy I can't help but wonder how many other mech makers are out there??... ^_^ Bryce (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

Wow. Mind boggling, it is. Though it makes you wonder what kind of connections those Japanese people have, if this is the kind of web sites they make. And the transformations bring back some fond memories of my eary youth back in the mid- to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

I've been link-jumping through what pages i could, and didn't find much that came close to that first page, although this page has a few similar designs: (URL) its crazy to think how much great design we haven't seen, even with brickshelf. My (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) Dang, not only did he manage to convey the image of mecha in a teeny little size, but he managed to make some of them transform! <whistles amazedly> ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) I'd call these origami mechs. Small, intricate, beautiful. There was one mech where a SW Battle Droid body was used as part of head, very clever parts use. When I saw the minifig scale gundam style cockpit cutaways at the bottom the same size (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) I like this "origami mech" term. It conveys the idea and feel of these little mecha perfectly. (...) Yes many clever part uses. (...) this line made me giggle..."Gleefully ingnore gravity". I dunno...I think maybe it sounds like mecha poetry. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) (URL) has a beautiful micro AT-ST, AT-AT, and a mirco space ship as well. Also it appear that Ayucow knows Mr. Fujisawa of DNTRI fame... "I have many chances to see Mr.Fujisawa's great mechs.(I live in the neighborhood of him.)" (taken from (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Mecha haiku (Was Re: huge japanese page of small mecha)

(...) Gleefully ignore Gravity like the cherry blossom on the wind :^D ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Mecha haiku (Was Re: huge japanese page of small mecha)

what a wonderful concept, haiku, mecha, lego... *orgasm* (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

Wow! That AT-AT is amazing! I didn't know that such things were posible at such a small scale. Pure lego genius! THe other mecha are very nice too, but the AT-AT just takes the show. And the photography is awesome! Man... (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

(...) Yes.... but... but... He MADE Dick Dastardly's Car!!! :):) I LOVED that cartoon! :) *suddenly gets the idea to make "The Great Race"....* "And here comes The Great Leslie! Closely followed by Professor Fate! Wait! Professor Fate's car just (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

Ankle actuators hang freely as thrust is applied, vector as I drop, retro rockets, I touch down softly. -[Pilot, 1st sqaud Drop Mech]- (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: huge japanese page of small mecha

It appears our japanese genius is still active. I just checked back at his page and he has 3 links at the top, one for his top page, one for a bbs (common on japanese websites) and a "lego-top-test" (here (URL) )which contains an index of links, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)