 Space / 8095
Re: Legomaster Opens new Vault Pix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:25:22 GMT

Hey Paul thanks alot, The Red - M-tron mech took 1 1/2 years to make, the
Black Robot took 2 years to complete, I worked especialy hard on the legs
for both Robots, funny that you mention the feet of the Hexapod, I stopped
building this Robot because I was running out of pieces so I compromised on
the feet. never really got to make them how I wanted.

Thanks, I really try to push the insect/organic Robot type in building.

The Buggy's are just lean mean crusin machines...

Thanks, glad you like....

Eric

In lugnet.general, Paul Baulch writes:

"Eric Sophie" <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message
I have posted Pix of my early Creations on Brickshelf. Take a look and • enjoy!!

Holey Smokes!  "Zoids on Steroids"!!!

Your robots rock!!! I particularly like the way the leg and foot
articulation looks on the M-Tron robot and the black robot.. My favourite
robot, though, would have to be the hexapod, it has that nightmarish AI
self-assembled look more perfectly done than any creation I can remember. If
he had more impressive feet, he would probably be my favourite Lego robot
ever.

The style of your robots is very varied and interesting, sometimes the
impression is of fifties sci-fi B-movies, other times it's like the eighties
"nightmare future" sci-fi. It's also really, really refreshing to see some
robots don't religiously adhere to the "anime-style"
Macross/Gundam/VirtualOn mould. Which is not to say that I dislike such
things, but lets face it, there are a lot more styles to explore.

Your buggies are very cool too, takes me back to when I was a teenager and I
built similar things, mainly from being obsessed with "Road Warrior" and RC
buggies. What was your inspiration?

--
Cheers,
Paul