 Space / 6436
Re: Scale Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:00:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Mark Sandlin writes:
I don't think most people take it as literally as you seem to be.
I've always considered things pretty broadly, as I think most people do.

Nano = really teeny scale
Micro = smaller than minifig, but larger than nano
Minifig scale = anything that a minifig can fit into or use normally
Technic = anything a Technic fig can fit into or use normally
Big stuff = anything bigger than Technic

And then there are all the scales I build at :)

Double-width Minifig = 6 to 10 wide vehicles with room for at least
    two minifigs side by side.  My models at this scale are usually
    8 wide, but some people build 6 wide ones.

Miniland Scale = the scale used in Legoland Miniland parks.  This is
    slightly smaller than Technic scale.

ModelTeam Scale = bigger than Miniland scale, but still a tiny bit
    smaller than Tecnic scale.  These models use the 6 stud diameter
    6 hole wheels.  This varies, however, since <set: 5571> and a
    few others are not built at this scale.

Or any other convenient scale, as long as the proportions are close :)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/

Scales based on wheel base! I had wondered about that too.
I had thought it was a Train reference but was not sure.

I see what you mean with 5571, But is that not a 1:1 and
the others 1:1.33 and 1:1.66 for 8 and 6 wide? Did I miss
something?

Thanks for the pointers, you too Mark.
I think I am going to have to make a list.<grin>
DaveG