 Space / 5600
Re: Still missing ballots from 5 people
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:10:03 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Larry Pieniazek writes:
(remember, the rules say you have to spend all your votes or your entries
are DQed... a vote for a DQed entry could be argued to be a non spent vote,
and thus you haven't met your obligation to spend them all, or it could be
argued that you met your duty in voting even if the entry was DQed through
no fault of your own...)

I prefer the second option. Maybe the rules take care of this problem and I
missed it, though...

I don't think this was covered in the rules either.  I say that if there are
disqualifications, we simply sack those entries and call winners from the
remaining pool.  It's taken what-- 3 weeks from the end of the contest
already.  I'm not interested in waiting another 3 weeks (or more!) before
calling it done.

We've already waited beyond what *I* think is reasonable.  But I understand
that some people may be out of town.  At this point, I don't really care- if
Todd wants to set an arbitrary deadline of a day or two or whatever, that's
fine by me.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com