 Space / 5377
  Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

I always had the Zok Death Sloop from Calvin and Hobbes in the back of my mind as an awesome Lego design; back in college I decided how I'd do the cockpit. Well, the whole Spiff thing recently got me thinking, and today we had a snow day (I teach (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) YES!!! Finally! THe great Zok Death Sloop is finally built! While typing, I suddenly remembered that Spaceman Spiff's craft is red, round, and looks a whole lot like the Spiffcraft. So that's where the name came from! Mark needs to build this (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) Great job. Looks like Grand Admiral Sandlin will have to add a bit of armor to his craft. One recommendation though: I think the canopy on the Naboo Fighter would make a great thing to use as the cockpit canopy. In the picture of the comic (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

Ack! <charges frap ray cannons> ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) After I completed it, I was thinking that... As I said, I came up with the cockpit in college when we didn't have such pieces available =) At some point, I may go back and change it. Of course, the thing is probably horribly out of scale; (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) The domain's been up since February, so I don't know what the problem is. Since others are getting to the site fine, I imagine it's a problem local to you. Peter (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

How long ago was gunth.com created? I'm wondering if the DNS has propogated out, since I can't seem to resolve the domain name.. -- -Bones- "Being Optimized for Nocturnal Exploration and Sabotage" = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises "Peter F. Guenther" (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem. How about tossing those images on Brickshelf? Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  RE: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) *Everything* is twice as big as Spiff/Calvin, including Hobbes! I'd love to see someone's interpretation of a Spiffian alien...in minifig scale or even a sculpture (Spiff with blaster vs. big aliens :) (Eric, Henry, Adrian?) --Bram Bram (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) Yeah, my web server is flaky. It's not a DNS problem, it's just that the server was down. It's up now! Hurry! Hurry! Go Look! Peter (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

I have no idea what the problem was, since it's working now. Must have been a temporary thing.. but the problem was probably somewhere in between since I could access everything else on the net just fine.. Anyway, now that I can see it, well done! (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) LoL! :D HA! No to worry - two Spiffcraft would fair very well in a fight against one little sloop! I anticipated a little fighting...that's why I opted for the rubber-coated quarter panels! Hey Mark, I sent the check out around 6 this (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) We'll see... Zok Death Sloop Mark II is well underway... Photos Monday? Peter (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

Wow. That is very cool. I'm humbled. "Peter F. Guenther" <pguenthe@zdnetonebox.com> wrote in message news:G5LAMz.6wn@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

Okie dokie. No rush there... still trying to get SEALUG.org up and running so it'll be a bit before I can switch gears to Spaceworld. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

(...) I tore apart my two capitals last night to start work on my Mark 4 Destroyer. I've been working on it all day, and I have completed 2/3 of it (it will be over 190 studs long). Anyways, the point I'm getting to is that, from the looks of it I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted

2 kool : ) Now we need to have them square off over a suitable alien planet ! (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)