 Space / 5380
Re: Spiff beware: Zok Death Sloop sighted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:52:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Peter Guenther writes:
I always had the Zok Death Sloop from Calvin and Hobbes in the back of my
mind as an awesome Lego design; back in college I decided how I'd do the
cockpit.  Well, the whole Spiff thing recently got me thinking, and today we
had a snow day (I teach high school), so it was the perfect confluence of
events!  Check out the ZDS at

http://www.gunth.com/lego/space.htm

Thanks,
Peter

Great job.  Looks like Grand Admiral Sandlin will have to add a bit of armor
to his craft.  One recommendation though:  I think the canopy on the Naboo
Fighter would make a great thing to use as the cockpit canopy.  In the
picture of the comic they look really rounded and it would be an interesting
challenge to make those canopies work.

There's nothing better than a snow day to build something really cool...

-Nick