 Space / 4222
Re: Space World Hosting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 06:43:37 GMT

I'd like to point out that there are *very* cool expansion possibilities if
you get an NT server with ASP and database support.  ISPs that offer
Microsoft Access databases can be fairly inexpensive.  (you can do all kinds
of stuff like automatic updating, etc.)

--

Paul Davidson

I'd like to respectfully disagree with your comments on NT/IIS. I work
with websites running on NT/IIS every day, and I find it to be very
stable when it's configured properly. The configuration doesn't even
take much work, really, you just need to know how to do it. The problem
is that most people don't take the 15 minutes that it takes to get the
thing running correctly. My website is hosted on an NT/IIS server, and
I've had less than 10 minutes down-time in 6 months.

All that said, I've also used Unix servers and found them to be very
reliable as well. I just don't find much uptime/performance difference
between a properly configured NT server and a properly configured Unix
server. Just figure which one fits the task best and use it.