 Space / 4118
Re: My Space Theme Wish for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:48:29 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.year.2001, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Obvious really

2001: A Brick Odyssey

I think I could manage the black obelisk

But we need some new pieces to make the large round front to the spaceship.

Hmm... Kubrick wasn't really known for toy merchandising of his films,
though.  But who knows?  Maybe we'll get Dr. Strangelove and Eyes Wide Shut
tie-ins, too!  8^)

Good thing Kubrick was filming someone else's property then, eh?

  The film and cinematography owe at least as much to Kubrick's vision as to
Clarke's, and it was by Kubrick's request that the original models and
schematics used in the film were destroyed to prevent a cheap knock-off
sequel.  For that matter, they both wrote the screenplay for the film.
  "The Sentinel" on which the film was based is a much smaller story than the
final product, kind of like a raw sketch of the story to come.

Though I don't remember seeing too many "Rendevous with Rama" licensed
toys, either.

  I'd love to get that cylinder in minifig scale!

   Dave!