 Space / 40767
Re: New Space Sets!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:36:36 GMT

"Wolf Read" <readw.at.oniddotorstdotedu> wrote in message

too, looking for possible subseruface microbes. This time with
ruddy-colored
Mars crater plates. Another line of sets could be oriented toward Martian
polar
exploration (a la Ice Planet), or Valles Marinaris.

I imagined that someone else was interested in martin baseplates.  For
starters, I'd settle for baseplate set 453 in orange
(http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3947).

Orange seems to work well for this MOC
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=283400).

If I could pick a second color, I'd go for a sandy tan - as is the featured
terrain color in many of the Space sets from the 80's.  That might be a good
in-between color, and might be useful for desert scenes as well.