 Space / 40688
Re: New Space Sets!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   Some of those look awesome, some look like awesome parts packs. I would guess all of those are not finalized prototypes with the possible exception of 7699 MT-101 Armored Drilling Unit. That one actually has the peice count on the box (442 peices) while the rest do not. If some of the newer sets and piece counts are anything to go by that set might be $40-$45 dollars. That would rock. The new logo is similar to the classic space logo.

I was hoping for an updated Galaxy Explorer in red, and a gatling-armed Mobile Lab with a trans-red windshiled, but these Mars sets do look interesting. Some of them are very alien, which I think is cool. That there’s a battle going on works well with the setting--Mars, the god of war. I especially like 7692 and 7695. I’d buy them all, though, if and when they become available. Indeed, the logo is a nice echo of Classic Space.

-best,

Wolf