 Space / 40466
Re: SNOT SHIP - T93 Solaris
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:10:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Larsson wrote:
   And a microscale SHIP, did you calculate how long it is for a microfig?
I’m not actually aware of any ‘microfig’ specification. Is there a standard for this?
   Have you really been building this for four years?
Not continuously, no. Some of the ideas (such as the cylinder) originated in early 2002, but I’ve been attending school and working full time, which unfortunately doesn’t leave alot of time for spaceship construction. Most of the design work was done in my head while enduring Industrial Economics and other such tedious classes, and then construction took place during school breaks and the occasional long weekend. The construction is modular, and each module went through many, many iterations. That’s how I build. I also got sidetracked in 2004 with this project: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=74384