 Space / 40459
Re: SNOT SHIP - T93 Solaris
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:07:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Walker wrote:
   This SHIP started in 2002 as an experiment to build a click-hinge based cylinder, and eventually became a composite of various SNOT and non-standard building techniques. I don’t have any cool sci-fi backstory about the origin or purpose of the vessel, so I’ll just leave that ambiguous. It is definitely not minifig scale. I figure a human would stand about 2-3 plates tall at this scale. The length is 153 studs (47.6 in)(120.9 cm) and it is obnoxiously heavy.

-snip pic-

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=201712 (when available)

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks, Jon Walker

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Wow, I don’t even know where to begin. As others are saying, this looks almost like a spaceship model out of a sci-fi show or movie. That alone says it all. Specific bits, like the engines and nose, are all incredibly novel and will no doubt inspire future builders.

I’m surprised you can’t think of a backstory for this ship. To me it has a lot of character. Its blunt, austere form and drab colour scheme suggest a sinister purpose. It surely must be the work of some belligerent, fascistic people/race, a la the Iron Reich, who spreads fear throughout the universe. They are also probably at war with Paul Baulch’s Terran Navy, who are the “knights in shining armour” of the universe. I only say this because Paul’s Empyrean Flame looks to be the same scale and class as your ship, and therefore would make a perfect match. :-)

WELL DONE, JON!

Mladen Pejic