 Space / 40131
40130  |  40132
Subject:
The Undulating Undulator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 03:08:25 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A while ago I had created a bunch of alien minifigs with weird heads.

Then I wanted to figure what they would get around in. Here’s what I came up with:

Created shortly after watching “War of the Worlds” at the movies. The driver is a guy with oil cans coming out of the back of his head so they are called Naclios and this is what the use to get around. I didn’t outfit it with laser guns or killer death rays or anything cause not all of space is out to destroy.

More pics here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/squidwalker2.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/squidwalker2.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/squidwalker2.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/squidwalker2.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/squidwalkerpilot.jpg

There were also these guys who I called Gem-eyes:

I figured they were aquatic and moved around in these:

I wanted to use as many transparent elements as I could to give them a Ghost Crab look. There is also the more heavily armed version.

more pics:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/clearcrab3.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/crystalcrab.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/crystalcrab2.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/March06/crystalcrab3.jpg

last but not least is the “Snouts” who use a beast to get them from place to place:

Enjoy!

Pat Bunn