 Space / 39936
Re: CLPS Mail Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:20:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --SNIP--
   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BradlyColin/CLPS/dsc02126.jpg

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/13076

I really like this ship. It’s got a good utalitarian feel to it and I quite like the use of the train windows. One thing I’m not so sure about is the doors. I think they look too flimsy to fit with the rest of the ship. A little airlock around them might improve things though.

Anyway, good work.

TIm

Well, the thing about the doors is that if the ship is on the ground, in standard atmosphere, the crews would not want to go through the trouble of going through an airlock to get out; not to mention that the crates block the airlock. They probably have some sort of lock that would prevent their being opened in a vacuum.

The purpose of the big, rear airlock is for in-space repairs, under circumstances where the cargo would probably be jettisoned.