 Space / 39935
Re: Little Gyrocopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Interestingly (although probably unsurprisingly) you’ve pointed out the two things I felt were weakest: the gun and the side engines. Unfortantely I couldn’t think of any better way to do either so decided to roll with the design as is.

For the side engines, perhaps a stud-rearward section with the bottom of a 1x1 brick on the front.

Now this is a) easy to do with the existing snotwork, b) very effective and c) prototypical so why didn’t I think of it. Thanks very much for that suggestion I’ll get started on it immediately.

   Or if you have a stud forward, you could use one of these or these for the intake detail. There are always tradeoffs between trying to have it shaped like the original vs. having something that hints at the purpose even if it’s shaped a little differently. As a train builder, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

I’m fine with that for trains (it’s one of the nice things about six-wide but I digress). My problem is that I haven’t yet build up a bag of tricks for faking space stuff.

   PS. I guess I should go post it on CSF too.

Is it spacy enough?
Uh, never mind.

Too late I’m afraid :P

Tim