 Space / 39932
Re: Little Gyrocopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:32:38 GMT

--SNIP--

The side intakes are really neat. Definitely keep that! More detail on the upper intakes would be nice.

I like the look of the drooping nose, but it does hang awfully low. It doesn’t look like the gun could shoot any where near level. The gun is also one of the most detailed parts of the original art, and yours seems a bit simple even though it’s in scale with the art.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Thanks for your comments Tony.

Interestingly (although probably unsurprisingly) you’ve pointed out the two things I felt were weakest: the gun and the side engines. Unfortantely I couldn’t think of any better way to do either so decided to roll with the design as is.

With the gun in particular I couldn’t really think of a way to make it better, even after checking out Soren’s and other people’s guns. Any specific suggestions would be very appreciated (from anyone).

As for the droopy nose... I kind of have a thing for droopy noses (probably one of the reasons I liked the concept art so much).

Tim

PS. I guess I should go post it on CSF too.