 Space / 39873
Re: Unfinished Dropship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:14:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:

I started this MOC back in August and stopped working on it by early September due to school. Unfortunately, I lost interest in completing it, and have to disassemble it for a new project I am planning for the winter break.

A few notes about the dropship:

It’s crew consists of one pilot and one weapons officer. It was intended to be armed and carry two APCs. The four drums on the sides are fuel tanks and also house parachutes to assist in braking the dropship when landing with a heavy load.

Aside from the overall SNOT construction, I discovered an interesting new use for part 30535.

That’s all folks! :-)

Mladen Pejic

I’m sorry this didn’t make it to completion, but glad you posted it. A dropship needs a big squarish interior to hold the APCs or mechs or whatever, but a big squarish interior leads to a big ugly box of an exterior. I like how you used your unique studless-shell technique to solve this problem, with a hexagonal cross-section. I had a similar idea with the Aggressor, and when I was finished I wished I had set the wider part of the cross-section at the bottom instead of the top, like you did here. I love the retro-rocket array mounted on the short leg of the hexagon.

I think you ended up with a very cool and well-detailed main body, but the big challenge with a tube-style dropship is capping off either end in an interesting way, and it looks like that’s where the project came to a stop.

Anyhow, I’m glad you posted pics before disassembly. I’d like to do another cap-ship at some point, and I can come back to these for ideas. Hope your new project works out great!