 Space / 3961
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:47:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:

From: "Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net>

That makes two of us. Oh man.. I feel unworthy for ever thinking that the • MF's
saucer plates would work well.

Heh. I thought about using those, but 1) it would have made the scale too
big, and 2) I took it as a building challenge to make it outa plates. :^)

Yeah.. The thought that the saucers would be too big did cross my mind but
I've not looked closely enough at them to think it that far out.

That's just... wow. The chromed diver maskes
look really sweet.

I did that because someone suggested it a couple weeks ago when we were
talking about Cylons.

They look really good - actually helps add to the ambiance. I mean it's
obvious what the craft IS, but the figs just add that.. extra something. Like
all of your other projects. Nice touch!

Can you tell me which sets they came with from the Aquanauts series? I can't
seem to figure that out and want to keep an eye out for a lucky closeout,
perchance, as I haven't any as yet.

"Oh yes - eez ver' nice..."

(And if he whips out a Galactica, I'm quitting here an now.....!) *8)

Heh. Fear not... until I win the Lotto and can afford one MEELION gray bulk
packs. ;^)

~Mark

I still live in "fear" of you. *8) I feel like the David in amidst the
Goliaths of all the building greats around here. My qwest to create some sort
of support hangar for my star fighter has fizzled. Simple is better and I
think I'm going to cut my loses for now and just go with what I had initially.
I expect to get the pic's taken and up as planned by mid to end of next week.

Joel