 Space / 38836
Re: Sato Plaza
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 16:21:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
   Submitted for your entertainment, a futuristic city that hasn’t lost touch with its distant past.

Guest Starring:
  1. A Starsky & Hutch / Sleeping Beauty’s coffin - styled aircar by Daniel Rubin.
  2. A snotty cherry blossom tree by (The) Bruce Lowell design studios.
  3. Quark Hover bikes by erstwhile Coppertone model Nick Kappatos.

Sadly, MOCPages is still down, so I am unable to subject you to questionable captions. As always your smack, non sequiturs, kudos and crazy rhetoric is appreciated.

-Keith

So this is what happens when you smoke weed, drink beer and watch the power rangers during construction... Nicely done! You’re like a rabid over-sexed monkey surrounded by a pack of fat kids with unripe bananas.

And yet, we still see the monorail of unholy love. What gives?

The cast is something out of shogun/ninjaturtles fame, you’ve hit your mark with the various anime references (robots attacking long-haired hippy and all he has is a katana blade to defend himself).

The green haired, akimbo-toting beyotch, with her scwheet smooth ride in the background made me lick my forearms. Reminded me of the movie “the fifth element”. Actually, a few areas of this moc (vehicles, hoverbikes etc) reminded me of that film.

And please...what’s with the overabundant supply of pot plants on the upper deck structure? I think the $100 mary-jane transfer is unrealistic. I’m pretty sure that that minifig’s hat could hold more than $100 of weed.

Not that you care to hear my critiques, but whatever... the mountain area behind the buildings was hastily done. Maybe your back gave out, maybe you were too busy posing minifigs in provocative poses, i dunno.. I would have loved to see another type of setup there, like a cybernetic junk-yard... which would explain where the robot-dogs came from... whatever...

And another thing I definitely noticed in this moc... your photography is getting way better. I really enjoyed the photo-scene setups here. Your metering-focus of minifigs is excellent, gave the whole thing a more “real as your mother in spandex” feel. Felt like I was a drunk minifig, right in the moc, technicolor blurrrr everywhere.

I for one did not know that lego ever had a color like that horrid red-brown-clay color you used for the main buildings... But then again I don’t get out much. Somehow though, you manage to pull off a palete Menage a trois, triosex of...... sorry forgot what I was gonna say there. ;-)

Well, I had better get back to work. People are starting to stare...

Thanks for sharing this one. Liked it alot. Like the direction you’re taking in the last few mocs. Makes your mom so proud. It is too bad that mocpages is down, but alas it will give me another excuse to lick my lcd when you get it up there with captions.

Cheers G!

Paul.