 Space / 38683
Re: Microscale battlecruiser "Triton"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 18:44:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kirby Warden wrote:
Here is the first of my offerings in microscale.  I really intended to do
something small for my first microscale, but I guess this one really wanted
to be built.  I wanted to put a lot more guns on this thing, but I didn't
want to over do the greebles.  It was also difficult not lathering it with
red highlights.  Hopefully I found the right mix of greebles and
highlights..."Triton"...

The overall shape totally rocks.  I love the wide "ears" on the bridge as well
as the triangular pods below.

Nice color scheme, too.  You've got some strong theming going on with how you
positioned the blocks of dark grey at the rear, along with well-controlled use
of red.

The leading edge between the pods seems like it could have something a little
more going on.  And the pods seem like they need some details that you can see
inside.

What stands out to me as the weak spot of the ship is the bridge windshield.  It
blows the microscale implication of more detail by showing you that there really
is nothing in there.  I'd rather see either some believable interior details
(very hard at this scale) or something that you can't see through as well.

I'll be watching for your next microscale!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com