 Space / 38236
    X-Wing Mark IV —brent skadan
   Hello, I had originally wanted to build a replica of the X-Wing fighter, but as I was planning it out I realized that it would be far more fun to make my own version. Anyway there are so many good models out there I could not hope to contribute (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

        Re: X-Wing Mark IV —Peer Kreuger
     The one who supplies your plates is a very lucky (and rich) person. But, all that aside, this is a mighty fine model. You bring studless and snot to the extreme, and very pleasantly so. I disliked the randomly discolored parts on the UCS Xwing, but (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: X-Wing Mark IV —brent skadan
     Thank you for your compliments. I also do not like the color choices on the UCS x-wing. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they chose to do that. The person who got rich off my obsessive tile purchase is Lego themselves. Tiles are one of my (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: X-Wing Mark IV —John VanZwieten
     (...) That is a beautiful model. By creating a different version of the x-wing rather than a replica, you were able to make the most of Lego parts, without having to force them to represent particular shapes. The result is delightful. -John Van (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: X-Wing Mark IV —brent skadan
     (...) Thank you. Yeah I have often had design issues by forcing a non-Lego shape with results that were far less then satisfactory. With this I felt that the chunkiness of the blocks would work as the basis for the design. Glad it worked! Thank you (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: X-Wing Mark IV —Tony Hafner
     (...) The shaping is mighty impressive, as are many of the details. My favorites include: - Curved leading edge of the wing. The engines: these are beautifully done from tip to tail Greebling on the rear end of the body The little intake on the nose (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: X-Wing Mark IV —brent skadan
     (...) Thank you. Though the intake on the nose is actually a mistake, I was going to put some little greeblies there but in the excitement of actually finishing the darn thing I forgot. (...) I would do anything to get some more technic figures, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: X-Wing Mark IV —Eric Sophie
   Wow, now that is an X-wing! Great write up too. Beefy and the construction looks well done. I was thinking that the canopy looked a little small for the scale, but I guess that can't be helped. Either way, wow, great job! e (19 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.space)

        Re: X-Wing Mark IV —brent skadan
   (...) Thank you. I agree about the canopy, it was not until the thing was finished that I notice the discrepancy -- but then again, it is a beefcaked-up version of the x-wing so I figured (hoped) that could justify the scaling issues. Thank you for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.space)