 Space / 37077
Re: New Space?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:42:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.space, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.space, Matt Zitron wrote:
Ok so we know that Lego have StarWars now, but will we be getting a new Space
series soon?

Maybe Blacktron or Space Police III?

I'm guessing Alpha Team, will probably go into Space at some point, but any
rumblings from the Lego labs?

I would expect to see a new space line in 2008 when the SW license is up.

snip

Assuming that the earliest they can do "space fantasy" lines is 2008 (I seem to
remember that was the deal when they got the SW license), and it takes a few
years for them to develp a line, chances are they're just starting the initial
work on something like that right around now, or maybe this coming year...

I personally would like to see a neo-classic space or neo-BlacktronI.  Basically
the "story arc", color schemes and insignia of the original theme with newer
designs and newer parts.  Something along the lines of the classic space contest
w/o the limitation of using CS-only parts.  How cool would it be to get some of
the newer canopy & windscreen parts in trans-yellow again??

Another thing that might be nice if .space could work with Jake to help come up
with a new space line for 2008.  Maybe something similar to the Lego-factory
contest?  All that we would need to do is agree on the story-arc, color-schemes,
any special insignia for the themes and let Jake provide us with a
digital-designer pallet and piece-counts for the various set-price points.
Basically run an internal contest (designs submitted directly to TLC and if they
appear anywhere else online they get DQ'ed) and let Jake/TLC pick the winners.
The winners and resulting theme could then be revealed at brickfest in 2007/8.

Just my thoughts on the matter,
drc