 Space / 37070
Re: New Space?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matt Zitron wrote:
Ok so we know that Lego have StarWars now, but will we be getting a new Space
series soon?

Maybe Blacktron or Space Police III?

I'm guessing Alpha Team, will probably go into Space at some point, but any
rumblings from the Lego labs?

I would expect to see a new space line in 2008 when the SW license is up.
Probably will be similar to the Knight's Kingdom or Alpha Team lines-- a team of
good guys with space ships, and a bad guy w/ minions and ships. Seems to be
Lego's trend as of late.

And if Legends keep being popular, I'd also expect to see some re-released space
set in 2008 too... Maybe "classic" space, although It'll be sad to see classic
space done with the newer motorcycle helmets. Futuron or Blacktron would be
pretty awesome though! Or Ice Planet. Or M-Tron Or Spyrius. Maybe even
Exploriens. Never much cared for BTII or any of the Space Polices. Or the later
iterations of space like UFO, Insectoids, RoboForce or Unitron.

Assuming that the earliest they can do "space fantasy" lines is 2008 (I seem to
remember that was the deal when they got the SW license), and it takes a few
years for them to develp a line, chances are they're just starting the initial
work on something like that right around now, or maybe this coming year...

DaveE