 Space / 36966
Re: BIA circa 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:56:12 GMT

From: "kyle vrieze" <freze*nospam*@comcast.net>
In lugnet.space, Brian Darrow wrote:
I'd love to hear what you think ... pro or con.
Brian

I've been watching the various incarnations of this setup on Brickshelf
over
time.  The sheer scale of it, and the fact that it never wavers from the
original Blacktron colors and style is always impressive.  The monorail,
and
monorail stations are a welcome addition.  I also enjoy the Blacktron
versions
of the big M-tron land vehicle, and the old classic space ship (can't
recall the
names right now).

My one suggestion--the original Blacktron theme had a mech of sorts.  If
you're
making additions or modifications, how about a few mech bays with some
Blacktron
mechs in them (in the spirit the Message Intercept Base, of which you
appear to
have at least 18 copies).

Kyle,
Thanks for the kind words.  I like your idea about adding some mechs and
mech bays.  I think I'll work on this in the upcoming week time permitting.
Sounds to me like you're a Blacktron I fan also?  I actually only own two
copies of 6987 Message-Intercept Base proper and have to credit a bunch of
Bricklink Stores for making a project this size possible.

I built the 6989 Mega Core Magnetizer and the 6980 Galaxy Commander in the
Blacktron I color scheme when I hauled the previous BIA out to Brickfest
last August.  I was really delighted to see how many people liked the 6989.

Brian