 Space / 36735
Re: The RE_wing. A recon version of the E-Wing fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:19:10 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, brent skadan wrote: snip

   Well I hope you all like it!

Questions, comments?

I’m really impressed, for a lot of reasons. The Technic-fig scale is quite a challenge, being quite a parts hog. Despite that, the color scheme is very tight. Others have commented on the compound angles and planes that you’ve integrated nicely. Details like the greebling on the back, the retracting landing gear and the fully-tiled underside make this thing look good from any angle. All in all this is quite an achievement.

I have to agree, though, with the criticisms of the engines--they look somewhat undersized and tacked-on. I would maybe look to the new UCS Y-Wing for ideas on larger, more detailed engines.