 Space / 36772
Re: The RE_wing. A recon version of the E-Wing fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:19:36 GMT

   Well, It wasn’t at all nice of you to tease us so long with pictures on Brickshelf, but I like the result very much: It’s nice to see that you uphold the usual standard in your macrofig models even when trying to walk new paths.

Thanks, it took so long because I am involved in research project at school that is taking more time then I have interest in. Plus I got married so that also required a break from Lego (though I did not mind that one).

   My only complaint would be the external girders that holds the wings in place: It must be possible to make something internal.
And what about filling the gaps between the front and rear with some 2x4 wings?

The wing supports are actually part of the original E-wing form. I felt that they added both an industrial look. Plus, well they make the wings really strong -- so that when I am playing with it I don’t have to worry about breaking the thing. As for the 2X4 wings, if I had some I would have used them -- and admittedly quite a few of the more obvious flaws are do to lack of parts (or creativity on my part).

   when you got the time to continue, I think you shold work a bit more on the rear part, it seems a bit messy, and the engines definitly needs some beefing up, perhaps adding two more higher up.

The engines suck I know, but I was irritated at how the real E-Wing has the engines placed outside of the crafts vertical center of gravity. But having them under the wing could serve to hide their lameness as well as make the rear look less cluttered.

Thank you for your comments, as usual they are very helpful,

Brent