 Space / 36674
  Re: Combat strategies and tactics in space. Was: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

(...) Ok, then you would be most qualified to clear this up (if you're willing anyway) Assuming ships have the insanely high fuel efficiency seen in most sci-fi, wouldn't smaller ships (fighters) be more effective in actual combat senarios. Sure the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Combat strategies and tactics in space. Was: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

as insansely non-interesting and 10% related to sapce this is. for god sakes can we move it off to you know.. off-topic? thanks Rick (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Rocket science, & some MOC ideas (Was: Combat strategies and tactics in space)

(OK folks, last post, and I'll try to push it on-topic :-) And there are MOC ideas down there near the bottom, honest) (...) Ha! OK, I'll open my mouth really big to get both feet in at once, but... here it goes. (...) Here's the heart of the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Rocket science, & some MOC ideas (Was: Combat strategies and tactics in space)

In lugnet.space, Brian Davis wrote: snipped well-thought out dissertation on mass/propulsion/fuel (...) That's why my ships are powered with spamcake. ;-) -Tom McD. (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Rocket science, & some MOC ideas (Was: Combat strategies and tactics in space)

I found your post very interesting, and you proposed some nice ideas of MOCs. I really liked the idea of laser propelled vessel (a bit like the space elevator project) But, after all, this is science fiction, right? That makes one relatively free to (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Rocket science, & some MOC ideas (Was: Combat strategies and tactics in space)

(...) Yes, well I agree with Joel. Thanks Brian, I found your post most interesting, most of what you mentioned I was aware of, but some of it was a little foreign to me, thanks for opening my eyes. Anyway, I do think you made a good point that this (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Rocket science, & some MOC ideas (Was: Combat strategies and tactics in space)

(...) Kind of makes me wonder how many clear bricks you would need to make the invisible fuel tanks of an X-Wing which was shown lifting off a planet at least twice on a single tank of fuel. Seriously though thanks for the info. -Mike Petrucelli (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)