 Space / 36544
Re: Welcome to the monastery my children.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:14:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Greetings all,

I give you the monastery, the latest MOC from the Galactic Inquisition. This was inspired by the awesome floating idlands in the castle room at this year’s brickfest. I decided that I needed to build one, and then thought I needed more Inquisition, and generally space stuff, so it became a base built into an asteroid.

The monastery is a place for peaceful contemplation of the universe’s mysteries. Alternatively, that awesome bell tower (thanks for the bell tower idea to Keith Goldman) is actually a powerfull sensor array. The monks have several terminals for data tracking at their disposal. There are bunks for five, and a single bathroom. Unlike you other sin-filled, bidet using, frenchies, there’s toilet paper in the bathroom. Other features include two star-fighters... for shooting down rouge asteroids, and a spacious landing bay. There is also a coupling for docking with the standard 8 stud diameter Inquisition hatches, it can dock with the SoM, though I didn’t take any pics of this.

Pics with Commentary Brickshelf

Dan,

As has been said, this thing rocks! (Okay that wasn’t said yet specifically and bad pun intended! ;-) Anyway, I think the smooth design of the architecture pitted against the rough organic form works well. All of the detailing is awesome (gotta love the roll of TP...as opposed to the equipment of those “bidet-loving” regulars, lol). Also, I’m wondering if you saw the new Miller “High Life” commercial as it appears that next to the monks’ hot and cold faucets is one for a keg. Or am I mistaken? Heh.

The bell tower does help the design a lot and I think the various hatches are neat. As for the new fighters, I like the VTOL design and also the magnetic attachments (I presume they can take off from a position like that of a TIE?).

Alright, thanks for sharing and keep up the grandiose work.

- /-\ndrew