 Space / 36535
Re: Welcome to the monastery my children.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:17:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Greetings all,

I give you the monastery, the latest MOC from the Galactic Inquisition. This was inspired by the awesome floating idlands in the castle room at this year’s brickfest. I decided that I needed to build one, and then thought I needed more Inquisition, and generally space stuff, so it became a base built into an asteroid.

   Pics with Commentary Brickshelf

I love it. The concept just can’t be beaten, and I’m going to be scouting around for some cheap tan bricks to build an asteroid base of my own.

My favorite detail is the hangar, I just love the way it looks.

As a monastery I think it falls a little short, the interior doesn’t seem especially monastic, but given the space constraints I think it’s quite nice. The integration of interior and exterior is also really nice, it gives a great impression of having been built into the asteroid.

Soren