 Space / 36586
Re: Welcome to the monastery my children.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:24:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin Heckel wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Greetings all,

I give you the monastery, the latest MOC from the Galactic Inquisition. This was inspired by the awesome floating idlands in the castle room at this year’s brickfest. I decided that I needed to build one, and then thought I needed more Inquisition, and generally space stuff, so it became a base built into an asteroid.

The monastery is a place for peaceful contemplation of the universe’s mysteries. Alternatively, that awesome bell tower (thanks for the bell tower idea to Keith Goldman) is actually a powerfull sensor array. The monks have several terminals for data tracking at their disposal. There are bunks for five, and a single bathroom. Unlike you other sin-filled, bidet using, frenchies, there’s toilet paper in the bathroom. Other features include two star-fighters... for shooting down rouge asteroids, and a spacious landing bay. There is also a coupling for docking with the standard 8 stud diameter Inquisition hatches, it can dock with the SoM, though I didn’t take any pics of this.

Pics with Commentary Brickshelf

Your asteroid rocks. How many UCS Yodas’ worth is it? The interior is nice and utilitarian. I love the anachrolicious barrel usage. And that hexagonal door! Genius. As for minifigs, how about a creepy cyborg monk with the hydronauts face? You could have a place for him to physically plug in to the asteroid’s systems. In any case, I’m glad my islands inspired such a rocking MOC!

Kevin

Actually, that’s about our entire stock of tan Pick a Brick at Tyson’s. Just think if I had all the bricks he actually wanted!

I really can’t express how awe-inspiring it is to see someone come into my store and fill up a bunch of cups, then just a few days later to see this brilliant piece of work come from it.

Great job, Dan!