 Space / 35656
Re: New JE MOC: Yu-Huang
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   Welcome to the Jade Empire, peng you (friend.)

Before I give feedback on your ship, I’m going to wail on you for your pics. IMO they are much too large, and make viewing the moc very difficult. Maybe you could scale them down a little bit? :)

Yes I know, they are huge. My photoediting program is just a trial run so far, and it doesn’t let me make images smaller. Curses.

   Any addition to the theme is by default awesome. JE is growing, but I don’t think we’ve quite made it quite big enough to rival the other themes, for all the talk of the viciousness and power of our craft. I hope you and others keep working on this fine theme.

On to your moc: This ship is sweet! I recently started a moc that I had planned to be about this size, and the moc decided that, no, it didn’t want to be that big. Alas, you’ve done it, and done it well.

I saw the new creation in your folder, it looks awesome, I was beginning to wonder when some ground forces would come around.

   There are parts of this moc that are very nifty, like the ramp, the katanas, and the guns. I also really like your use of dino tails around the engines. I wasn’t even aware they came in dark grey and regular green, but now I’ll have to get some. :) NIce work on the interior too.

The ramp and katanas are my favorite parts, and since I didn’t have any sand green, I needed to find tails in some others JE colors.

   Things that I don’t think work are the engines and the cockpit windshield. The larger engines and the cockpit feel too much like PCS to me, but thats just my personal preference. The smaller engines look like they hitched a ride from other people’s mocs, and dont mesh well with the rest of the ship.

Well, the windshield and engines did start out as PCS. But then the Jade Empire thing kicked off and I couldn’t resist. I’ll just use the excuse that they’ve been fighting them for too long, foreign influence.

   Overall, this is a mighty fine addition to the forces of the Jade Empire, and I’d be proud of it if I were you. :)

I’m very proud, thanks for your comments!
   --Ry
(Reports are coming in from PCS, Iron Reich, and Eastern Block worlds: JE ground assaults have begun. Complete Intel briefing coming soon)

Mmmmm...beefy

Cmac