 Space / 35454
Re: C/T-347 Pioneer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:05:23 GMT

   Oh, hey I have a question: With this big of a build, how did it impact your collection? Did it take a big dent out of it? Do you feel you still have key parts to make more stuff? I see you have created a handful of new Mecha to include with the Pioneer, but has it consumed the better half of your collection? How much of an impact did it have? Did you have to search out special parts like at the LEGO Store or send away on Brick Link? What was it like to gather so many parts for this large ship and container system?

Just curious, I’d like to know.

Well, let’s see, I’m just about out of red brick, plate, slope and tiles. Spite two trips to the pick a brick and two purchases on bricklink. I found myself emptying drawers out of my drawer system so freed up some space there. Didn’t run out but I’m pretty tapped on red and some gray. I’m almost out of 1x gray plates too because of all the gray stuff I got built. It was quite an endeavor, but tried to pick out as much from the collection as possible.

Still a lot of brick left. Thinking I should do another big ship in a different color but not sure what becuase I don’t have enough of any given color to make a big ship look good.

Mark’s most learned tip? When building walls use as many smaller length brick on the bottom as possible. Two reasons: 1) if you have to tear a wall segment out it’s easier to ‘drill down’ if you don’t have to extract 12 long brick and 2) longer lengths of brick are very usefull for capping off walls and making them strong, hard to do if you used them all at the bottom.

thanks for the post Eric

Mark