 Space / 35147
Re: Kumo assassination spider
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:46:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
   Cool! Needs pedipalps, though (the small “5th pair of legs” just behind the fangs, that are quite prominent in some spiders). Could be a good way to add some tools for the pilot.

Well, on the basis that there’s not a gap between the Bohrok eyes and the first pair of legs, and the Bohrok eyes serve much of the same function as pedipalps (except for the “reproductive male organ” bit), we’ll say that those are pedipalps, not fangs, and that the fangs would be hidden between them. Either that or we’ll just point to the guns mounted to the sides of the head. Yeah, they’re incorrectly placed for either the pedipalps or fangs, but they’re a bit long for eyes.

   I can’t wait until October when I get to display this with a string of missiles coming out of its butt...

Um, neither can I, I think...

Hey, it’ll look a lot cooler than it sounds. I’ll have a few missiles mounted “in flight” on the clear flight-sticks that you get from sets like the Green Goblin. All I need to do is figure out a good way to represent an explosion. I’m a bit concerned that the only way to really do it justice would be to use bundles of flame pieces held together with small rubber bands, at which point I’ll probably have to either make a big flaming Bricklink purchase, or borrow them from someone else.