 Space / 34425
Re: Civ. MOC contest: MG3k
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:39:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Niels Bugge wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Hi Niels,

I saw this little space car on BrickShelf and found it very nice. But I agree with John about the big black slopes you use at the front end of the car, supporting the headlights : although they allow your ship to look like your inspiration model, my opinion is that they break the dynamism you have else where on this MOC.

Maybe you could try to replace them with some kind of wings / stabilisators of some kind? This way you won’t loose the overall shape?

OH! Do you think he meant those??

Hmmm yes I think so....

   -Those are the big and greedy airintakes that’s supposed to be hollow and transport the air through the “runningboards” back to the enging (where they fan out to both engines, resembling classic runningboards with wheels in front and back). -The center grille is only for cooling the antigrav.

I’d actually planned to make a little graphic explaining that, but decided to explain it in the presentation and.. forgot, so thanks for reminding me!

I hope that the model wins by that information, since I’m very keen on changing that: It’s kind of the whole idea of the model to link the future with the past, and I feel that the whole “veteran-runningboard-nostalgia” is the soul of the model.

   Do you have bricks enough to build it for real?
Yes and no... I could build it, but not in the right colours: My collection is “coloured by the fact that” I’m only recently begun moving out of my unicoluored grey-period (or grey with a little black in recent years), so the ldraw-software is my great opportunity to start learning how to use colours.

And since I’m running on a somewhat tight budget that situation isn’t going to change anytime soon, if ever: Right now I’m just trying to keep up with the constant stream of exiting new parts. (Man! I would like to put my hands on those new long wings of the new milennium falcon: I’ve been dreaming on that kind of wings for years, and it won’t go on sale for ages!)

Hm! maby it wasn’t nessecary to go in the defensive and tell all that, but I got a feeling that that might be considered kind of cheating from something John said in the other reply:

Maybe you could try to build it for “real”, even if your brick collection does not allow you to make it match your dream color scheme? I think all of us have to make this kind of choice from time to time. And building with real bricks is so rewarding! I spend some hours just looking at some of the MOCs I make, from every angles. I wouldn’t spend hours in front of my computer!

   Comments/critiques? Well, this MOC might not get as many because it is rendered.

   I hope we’ll see more of your MOCs here!

Definetly, especially if I keep getting such nice feedback as yours ;-).

I’ve had another entry for the contest ready for some time, but right now I’m working on a much more advanced scene for it than this one. But perhaps I just skip it to be able to finish the huge bus I’ve been working on in time (since early-medio May!).

Post it for the contest, and update it when your scene is finished!

   Cheers

NB

Cheers,

JP.