 Space / 34492
Re: Civ. MOC contest: MG3k
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:57:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Maybe you could try to build it for “real”, even if your brick collection does not allow you to make it match your dream color scheme? I think all of us have to make this kind of choice from time to time. And building with real bricks is so rewarding!
Yes I’ll probably do that one day, and I can’t aree more with you about working with the “real thing”: you just can’t get the feeling of what the pieces can do without using them for real, but as my collection is at my parents house 100km away (from my computer with all the buildinginstructions), I seldom get to work with the real stuff, and when I finally do, I prefer trying new stuff.
   I spend some hours just looking at some of the MOCs I make, from every angles.

Same here, I use to place them on the diningtable, since I just as well get something stuffed in while I sit and gape in awe ;-)

   I wouldn’t spend hours in front of my computer!

Unfortunately I don’t have much choice when attending competitions, since they usually don’t fit in with my rare and short visits to my parents house: Just yesterday I spend another 9 hours on the bus, adding to the... well, lets just say I’ve spend more than 100 hours on it so far. I guess you wouldn’t do such a crazy thing (even though it’s a big model).

Post it for the contest, and update it when your scene is finished!

I have to get the bus finished in time! But I’m working on a much more modest scene, since I don’t have time to figure out the more advanced one. Coming soon...

More cheers

NB