 Space / 34217
Re: Ground attack aircraft, "Bolt"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 07:34:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Vrieze wrote:

Glad you liked it! You would definitely know the “anime-esque angry spaceship look” when you saw it :-)

I certainly have no idea what you might be referring to! :p

   I know what you mean about the gun, though. I thought about cutting my technic tubing to give it a shorter barrel, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Oh, I know what you mean! When I wanna use those, I just find a good size, is all, not like that Soren kid, he just hacks away. You should see the kinds of things he’s done to whip antennae... Anyways, I was envisioning a stubby sort of gatling gun on the nose, but maybe that’s just me.

   Regarding your comment on having another 7153...I’m always torn between buying multiples of a set I like, or buying a wider variety of sets. Sometimes you can get a dramatic effect on a MOC through a repetitive part motif, which argues for the multiple-copy option. On the other hand, you can miss out on some cool, rare parts if you don’t buy a wide variety of sets.

Oh, do I know it. Last time I got a double, though, it was the Scorpion Palace (for the onion dome, I guess) and the elephant was missing a pair of legs. I got them in the mail from the shop in a couple weeks, but I’m betting it was karma from the time before, when I got two Technic pit droids, and one had an extra set of arms. Duplicate sets are getting me superstitious. I shudder to think what will happen when/if I get one of the dark blue/green cargo ships in addition to my maersk blue one...

Not stepping on cracks, Kevin