 Space / 34023
    Paladin Hardsuit —Troy Routley
   Chris Maddison's (URL) Shen Kai Powersuit> (very nice, btw) inspired me to try my hand at mecha creation. (URL) I tried to capture a PCS flavour with the Paladin hardsuit — I hope I got close enough. PTMWYT! Troy (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin Hardsuit —Chris Maddison
     (...) Thanks! (...) Troy, that's a very nice start, but this moc looks unfinished to me. I really like the way you used chairs as shoulderpads. But the joints look pretty spindly. Perhaps if you used more pieces that were smaller, to add some bulk (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

         Re: Paladin Hardsuit —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) I agree with Chris. You may also want to cover those exposed studs, as they add to the unfinished quality. I really like the chest as it makes it look all big and tough. this mecha definately has some promise! -Lenny (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

         Re: Paladin Hardsuit —Troy Routley
     Thanks for the feedback, guys. I wasn't to happy with the limbs myself. I'll put them back on the drawing board and see what I can come up with for the Mark II. Troy (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Troy Routley
   After going back to the drawing board, the engineers threw out the mid-twentieth century 'atomic' legs and designed a pair of anime-style mecha legs. The new legs provide 20% more ground speed, as well as enabling the Paladin hardsuit to leap to (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Felix Greco
     (URL) Very cool. I'm impressed that you took the feedback you recieved and used it. Most people just wimper or get hostile. The model really looks great and benefited from the remake. I dig it. Help me out, though. Everyone throws this 'mk' stuff (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

         Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) It's short for "Mark" which is a term that's been used for at least 150 years in the military (and elsewhere?) to denote advances or upgrades. As to where it originates, I am not sure. Maybe something to do with marking progress? Definition 7C (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

         Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) I wish I had my references to hand, but here's what I'm given to understand from my background: "Mark" refers to the point in progressive development where a system or piece of equipment is "frozen"--sort of like the "high water mark" or the (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Chris Giddens
     Troy, Excellent rework to finish a great start on a MOC. Good job taking the pointers people gave ya and making a better MOC. You are now ranked PCS Mecha Commander. (ya it don't mean nothin, just build more space!) ~^- (URL) ~^- Admiral Giddens <>< (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Chris Maddison
     (...) Now that is a PCS hardsuit. Very awesome job with the rework. I really like the look of the lower legs/feet and the back of the torso. All in all, very solid design. Nifty melee weapon he's got there, too. Some more designs like that, and you (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Gil Shaw
     (...) Wow. I quite liked the original, and like this even more. As the others have said, the sign of an excellent builder is taking what advice works for your style, going back and thinking out what was an exceptional model into a supberb one. Those (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Allister McLaren
     (...) I must admit I thought the original versio was pretty ordinary, but you're redesign has taken it from what looked like a first mech to something that looks like you've been building mech for years. The new legs are a treat. Cheating is allowed (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Soren Roberts
     Very slick. I like the new legs, chunky and sexy without being overdone. Soren (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Leonard Hoffman
     BRAVO! Awesomely done Troy! I love it when people actually take advice and remake something to make it better. The original was so close to being something quite cool. Which you have done amazingly. The Paladin rocks! (...) Don't worry, we won't (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit —Troy Routley
   Thanks, guys. I'm glad I got it right the second time. Now if only next project would start coming together :P (20 years ago, 2-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)