 Space / 34085
Re: Paladin mk2 Hardsuit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:37:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Troy Routley wrote:
   After going back to the drawing board, the engineers threw out the mid-twentieth century ‘atomic’ legs and designed a pair of anime-style mecha legs. The new legs provide 20% more ground speed, as well as enabling the Paladin hardsuit to leap to clear obstacles up to three times it’s own height. The arms received similar treatment, and the build-in quad-minigun was replaced with a handheld autocannon, increasing overall firepower only slightly but greatly increasing accuracy and ease of maintenance.

   I like the redesign a lot better, though I find the number of 1-stud connections annoying — the model has a tendency to fall apart when posing. one stud connections include the shoulders, elbows and wrists (though those two seem pretty hardy), grey wedge plates on insides of forearms, white wedge plates on either side of each foot, toe wedges and heel domes.

I cheated with the running pose by disconnecting the right toe and resting it in position.

Troy

I must admit I thought the original versio was pretty ordinary, but you’re redesign has taken it from what looked like a first mech to something that looks like you’ve been building mech for years. The new legs are a treat.

Cheating is allowed on a moc this stylish. :)

Nice one.

Allister