 Space / 33776
Re: Tri-Wing Fighter Redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 16:04:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Howse wrote:

   Yes, the space modification for the fighter is in the upgrade package. It’s
   a shield that holds in air so the prop can use it (the air) to fly thru.

Sorry, But this would be like picking yourself up by holding onto your bootlaces. I’m quite happy with the bubble of air in a shield idea, but there’s nothing for the bubble to push against which is what would make the airplane go forward. All the propeller would do is make the air inside the bubble whoosh around in a pleasing fashion, fluttering one’s scarf and chilling one’s nose. And no, you can’t say the air pushing against the back of the bubble works, that only moves the plane forward in the bubble until it pops out the front (or the bubble generator keeps the bubble centered around the airplane, cancelling the forward movement). Either way the bubble doesn’t move relative to anything else outside the bubble.

Ah, well I failed to mention it only works in conjunction with the bubble tender class spacecraft. (Which comes with the space upgrade package.) You see, the bubble tender class lays a long bubble out before the triwing for it to fly thru. It’s sole function is to continually lay bubble. It also injects the bubbles with air. The triwing flys from one bubble to the next.

   But really. Not all air vehicles in the SW universe travel in space. The primary mission of the TriWing is annoyance.

On this score, it’s been a total success.

Sweet - a job well done.

   It could also be used for medical evacuation. Just strap a man to each wing
   and off you go.

I’m glad it’s a medical evacuation, I assume this means strapping a previously healthy ‘fig on and giving him the medical attention after.

Yes, or strapping a wounded fig on the wing. Only those who survive are worthy of medical attention. I figure this will be very usefull in all those BrikWars that go on over in the LUGNET.Gaming group.

   It’s also a good excuse to wear a scarf and goggles.

Which, curiously, your pilot ‘fig isn’t...

But, he usually does. I’ll take another picture of Grand(er) Admiral Clangador flying it in normal flying gear.