 Space / 33578
Re: New MOC: Proverb - Eastern Block Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 00:40:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:

   Wooo Chris awesome model! I just look at it and my fingers start to twitch, wanting to swoosh it.

Yeah...during the building I got delayed because I kept picking it up and making podracer-type noises while my girlfriend looked on like my cheese had slid off my cracker. :-)

   It’s been said before by others, but you have this way with landing gear that’s just beautiful. I can’t do it, so when I see you pull it off time and again I’m always amazed.

Thanks man. Again, all Jon’s influence. Feel free to swipe at will and put it to good use.

   The fins are what make this work (for me) as an EB racer... take those off and I honestly would not agree with this being an Eastern Block craft. Great work on those!

At first I didn’t have the fins. It was something a lot more square and blocky, trying to get the EB style of mass-productionism (or something.) But I just hated the way it looked, so I said what the hell and went a bit retro. Turns out it payed off.

   Oh and I love the intakes.

That’s where this one started.