 Space / 33398
Re: Have You Seen the Cosmic Dancer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 01:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bob Hayes wrote:
I just saw the Cosmic Dancer on Brickshelf
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=82073) and I love it!

Who made it?

Me! Patrick. I haven't posted on Lugnet for about a year and a half - still lurk
on occasion. I built the Cosmic Dancer (named for the T. Rex song) over a year
ago, but I just got a digital camera so it was finally dusted off and
photographed. It actually started as a tiny drawing in the margin of an English
class notebook at the very end of my dark ages, before I ever would of thought
of building something over 3 ft long out of Lego. I didn't finish building it
until almost 2 years later.

The style is great.  Bumps and bulges, but not over the top.  I could see this
thing making the Kessel Run.

I reminds me of the ships in the Cam Kennedy
(http://www.camkennedy.com/stwa.html) drawn Star Wars Dark Horse comics.

Cool, thanks! Yeah, the ship was definitely (obviously?) inspired by the Rebel
Blockade Runner, as well as Cam Kennedy's variations on that ship in the Dark
Empire comics. The size and function are closer to the Millenium Falcon, though.

Who ever made this, thank you for sharing it.

Bob

Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts, Bob.

All my stuff is here:
<http://www.brickshelf.org/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=carlosthedwarf>

Patrick