 Space / 33367
Re: Have You Seen the Cosmic Dancer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 17:05:57 GMT

I gotta agree, that is one sweet ship.

The more I looked at it, the more I like it.

First, it adds a whole new thinking in design. The bridge is midships and off to
the side of the mainline of the "torso" of the ship.

The outside is smooth and colorically pleasing to the eye. Your eye just flows
over the shape of the ship so easily, truly denoting the grace and smooth lines
of a dancer.

Yes, I like greebles, and I try very hard to put at least five on my ships
everyday. But, sometimes builders can get a little psychotic with the greebles
and the ship ends up looking some a confused mess. Unless a person is going for
that kind of harsh look, then it hurts my eyes sometimes. Anyway, this ship is
obviously going for the look that does not require greebles, even though they
are there if you look closely enough.

Another great design element is the forward cargo bay in two elongated pod
sections. The arches breaking up the space in the cargo bays, and the inward
swinging door are very nice and innovative. I am not saying that no one has done
that before, I have no idea, but I think that I can say that you often do not
see this. I also like the nice wide open spaces in the interior.

One last final design touch that I would have to agree with, in the fact that it
has been seen in some Dark Horse Comics (but was nicely and freshly integrated
into this ship), are the engines. That good ol' corvette engine layout that has
been twisted, bent, re-arranged, turned around and everything else so many times
in so many ships but that still remains reminiscent of those first few seconds
of film back in 1977 that instantly captured the imagination of the world. I
think it is starting to become a metaphor... A Jungian sub-conscience universal,
if you will.

Nice building, masked building stranger.

Avery