 Space / 33154
Re: Jade Empire: Ju Zhen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:31:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
   Be advised, the “outpost” in question was a series of 6 automated shacks on the edge of a dry lake, containing cryogenically frozen hippies and family-sized packs of rolled tacos. However, the missle did scatter hippy body parts, coolant, and tacos all over the quadrant, creating a level2 systems-hazard to the shipping lanes.

As much control as the Reich may have over its own media outlets, PCS Intelligence boasts far superior abilities in the reconnaissance and spy department. Tacos and hippies, pshaw. We know what happened at that vital base, and we know that Jade Empire drove your fascist rears into the dust.

I’d say you succeeded Ryan, the Iron Needle could pass for mini or micro, and looks great. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the uber-death missle itself. While beefy and succulent, I don’t know...it left me feeling unsatisfied in its violence quotient. But the ship itself....epic, looks good from every angle. You took all the good elements from the Lo Pan and made them work, and of course the dino tails are the new standard. You also took one of the weaknesses, the cramped, doorless cockpit and made it work. Good job. This moc would look cool in numbers, dumping all their missles at once. Its a nice blend of industrial and organic, that goes down smooth and satisfying.

Perhaps a visual representation of the biological and mechanical havoc wrought by this weapon is in order. If and when it is employed again by JE, PCS Intelligence will be there to document the effects.

Since my favorite portion of the Lo Pan was the engine, I started there. It all fell into place relatively painlessly after that. As for the color, (I know you didn’t mention color, but I’m thinking about it now,) I almos, almost went with a completely light gray foundation for the sand green highlights, but I think the dark grey brings out the sand green much better. Light grey would have made a greater connection to Lo Pan, but would have left me craving some of my lovely Jiao-zhan Dou.

I hadn’t actually pictured this ship in numbers, as more than one of the missile would be gross overkill, but I can see it now.

Take note JE, The Reich will avenge the unprovoked attack on its rolled tacos! Great moc, -Keith (I thought the X’s around your name were because you are called the Porn-King of Utah)

I’m sure there’s some joke to be made about there being a porn king in Utah, and the fact that I actually live in California where the porn stars are being quarantined...but I just can’t figure it out without bringing your mom into the mix. I’ll try to think of something.

Thanks Keith. :)

--El Capitano Wood, PCS Intelligence.