 Space / 33159
Re: Jade Empire: Ju Zhen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:

   This moc came from a desire to merge Keith’s Lo Pan with my Jiao-zhan Dou, a combination of the more angular, mechanical style and the organic, flowing style. Chris’ Irezumi pulls this idea off much better.

I think you accomplished some good merging there, Ryan.

The stripes do make it look fat, though. Especially next to the rather anorexic (ahem, I mean ‘shapely’) Lo Pan. Of course your ship is ‘pregnant’ with its ‘spawn’, so I know it’s not just ‘the dress’ that’s responsible. I’m just telling you this ‘as a friend’, okay? So, please don’t bring a ‘delivery’ around here...

(Um, quick, distract him with some praise.) I like the woven feel of the various slopes and the way the hoses and greebles are protected by the ‘cladding’. It has a solid ‘armoured’ feel to it, like it could take a few hits without spewing ‘coolant’ all over the place.

I also like the detachable cockpit/sarcophagus(1) seen in this pic where it looks like a cow skull. (East meets TechWest?) I can just see a desert littered with these. Not like a crustacean at all, but wait...

I don’t know what it is about JE that leads to these aquatic impressions, but in this pic it looks a bit like a fish with two dorsal fins and a ‘Pac-man-esque’ mouth. No, really; take a step back and squint a little. Maybe I should go easy on the sushi...

The only thing that gets to me, (and it’s not just this ship) is those 4x cones used as engines. They just have an unfinished look to them. I’ve used them myself and didn’t like the look much. Not sure what to do about them... Back to the lab...

Anyway, it’s a great build, keep impressing us. And keep showing us the ‘in progress’ pics too.

Peace and ‘quotes’,

Professor Whateverly

(1) Well, the pilot does appear to be ‘entombed’. It’s like they don’t expect to open the canopy again...