 Space / 33147
Re: Jade Empire: Ju Zhen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:57:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   As the Jade Empire continues to swarm its way through peaceful .space systems, Intelligence is gathering more and more data on the various attack craft being introduced in battle.

A crucial space battle for control of an Iron Reich outpost became the testing ground for a new Jade Empire weapon....and the success of the experiment meant the loss of a base for the Reich, along with most of the fleet units defending it.

Be advised, the “outpost” in question was a series of 6 automated shacks on the edge of a dry lake, containing cryogenically frozen hippies and family-sized packs of rolled tacos. However, the missle did scatter hippy body parts, coolant, and tacos all over the quadrant, creating a level2 systems-hazard to the shipping lanes.

The Ju Zhen (Iron Needle) has one purpose in battle: to ensure that it delivers its deadly payload into the heart of enemy fleets.

Jade Empire ship builders were heavily influenced by the design elements of the Iron Reich. It follows in the path of the ambiguously-styled Lo Pan fighter. Is it minifig scale? Microfig scale? That’s what I was going for.

I’d say you succeeded Ryan, the Iron Needle could pass for mini or micro, and looks great. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the uber-death missle itself. While beefy and succulent, I don’t know...it left me feeling unsatisfied in its violence quotient. But the ship itself....epic, looks good from every angle. You took all the good elements from the Lo Pan and made them work, and of course the dino tails are the new standard. You also took one of the weaknesses, the cramped, doorless cockpit and made it work. Good job. This moc would look cool in numbers, dumping all their missles at once. Its a nice blend of industrial and organic, that goes down smooth and satisfying.

   This moc came from a desire to merge Keith’s Lo Pan with my Jiao-zhan Dou, a combination of the more angular, mechanical style and the organic, flowing style. Chris’ Irezumi pulls this idea off much better.

Take note JE, The Reich will avenge the unprovoked attack on its rolled tacos! Great moc, -Keith (I thought the X’s around your name were because you are called the Porn-King of Utah)