 Space / 33143
Re: New JE MOC: Irezumi Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:08:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:

   This is another ‘me too’ post. This is a great MOC. The ‘reversed’ wings give it a very focussed, aggressive feel. The tails and whiskers give it a crustaceanesque(1) quality that’s sure to be a Jade Empire benchmark. It also reminds me of an earwig, which just cements that alien feel. The integration of the bot is a nice touch, but it better hang on tightly...

The Earwig! That’s what I should have called it. Oh well. :-)

I never thought of the JE as crustacean, but it does make sense. Sort of a shellfish meets random bug combination...or something.

   The colour scheme says ‘Jade’ louder to me than regular green does, and it gives it a bit of a faded, battle-weary feel too. Anyway, welcome back and keep ‘em coming.

Yeah, I’m a big fan of the sand green. And since my Marine forces use grey with green, I didn’t want to confuse my minifigs. :-)

Thanks again Ley.