 Space / 33107
Re: New JE MOC: Irezumi Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:20:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Philip Painter wrote:

   Really nice model, Chris. The shape of it is really appealing. I enjoy how organic-looking the JE stuff people are presenting is. The little zemi-bot on back is a nice addition too.

Thanks Phil. I find it pretty challenging to make a machine that looks organic. I remember back when Gil was doing his Vox stuff, I was just blown away by how...living and breathing the crafts looked. So I always try to throw a little bit of that in.

   I like the spamcake power-core detail, but placing such volatil substance directly behind the pilot’s seat seems dangerous. Maybe that’s the idea.

Well, the ship isn’t spamcake powered, I just needed something to toss into the cargo area, and it was handy. :-)

   And those things protruding from the bottom, lifting the hull off the ground, what are they? ;)

Heh heh, that’s a very primitive and rather crappy landing gear. I really didn’t care how functional they were, I just needed something that fit in the space I had for it. They fit like a glove, and they work...sort of. :-)