 Space / 32701
    pre-CS question —Didier Deses
    Hi to all .spacers, I was looking at different CS sets and i started wondering ... we all know CS: (URL) Several people followed Chris Giddens into pre-CS: (URL) however there is (in my humble opinion) one set which does not fit either eras - i (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: pre-CS question —Jeff Findley
     (...) I own this set (I bought it second hand from the UK). (...) The colors used in this set are often used in pre-CS MOC's. However, I think that the construction of this set is CS through and through. The selection of pieces is CS. The way the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: pre-CS question —Tony Hafner
   (...) The Starfleet Voyager is what I've always thought of as 2nd-generation Classic Space. Look at the All-Terrain Vehicle: (URL) and the (URL) entire Space line from 1981>. The design and construction techniques are slightly more advanced, though (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: pre-CS question —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Sorry tony, but I've got to disagree with you here. The key, however, is that PCS is as much representative of NASA design as CS proper. That is the design challenge of PCS - to combine two very dissimiliar design styles and unify them. I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: pre-CS question —Ley Ward
   (...) I would say that you are right about the history. My guess is that the designs were simply meant to keep the line fresh, giving the collectors something new to amass and giving the newbies something different than the previous year or so. I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: pre-CS question —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Having said what I've said, the Classic Space -> Futuron -> Space Police(BT1) did follow some sort of a logical projection. Past then, it gets a little a chaotic. lennah (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)