 Space / 32201
Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:34:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Ley Ward wrote:
   I imagine that you are refering to the skeleton under the boardwalk.

Bingo! Although I’m not sure if anyone has ever noticed the other half of the water joke on their own either.

   Indeed. Although, the tidal pull of the earth could make for some swell swells on a large body of water on the moon. Yes, I know, atmosphere, temperature, long days, yadda yadda...

Actually...not. And not for the reasons you mentioned. Our moon has settled into a 1:1 day/month cycle because of the tidal pull the Earth exerts on it. The result is that the tides would be completely stabilized. On the side facing the Earth, the water would be extremely deep, all the time.

Oops! Um, wrong parallel universe. But, there would be some solar tidal pull, though not as strong.

   Are you refering to the logistics of actually drinking the water with a helmet on?

Nope. That was just a bonus joke. There’s a sight gag that’s bigger than that and the price of a mug of water combined, though it does sweeten the effect of the latter considerably.

You mean, the fact that the water is ‘imported’ in barrels from the tanks downstairs; the very tanks used to replenish the pool? Boy, if the Lunar Water Authority ever hears of this...

Peace and tides (or is that tidings?),

Professor Whateverly